Sunday, February 2, 2014

Just over two years ago was the most difficult as well as sacred day of my life. I gave birth to a beautiful little boy that only lived for 23 minutes. Although I knew and anticipated the arrival of this day nothing could have prepared me for the grief as well as the peacefulness that I felt. I am/was so grateful for the opportunity that I had to develop a bond with my sweet baby and carry him as long as possible, until he came on his own. He only lived a very short time but was/is deeply loved. I have felt for a long time now that it was important that I share this difficult time and experience for myself and my family in the form of a blog. I know that our challenges are for our benefit so that we might become stronger and have opportunity to place greater trust in God and strengthen our faith. I also strongly believe that our experiences and the things we learn happen so that we might strengthen and help those with similar challenges and trials. My hope with this blog is that it might be of some help to those who are facing similar situations, because sometimes it just helps to know that you are not the only one in the world facing something that feels so unbearable. 

"Sometimes the Lord lovingly cares more about our growth than our comfort"
                                                              -Jonathan G. Sandberg

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea. I'm so sorry Laura. You must be one special mom to be able to deal with this so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful you are choosing to share your experience. You are amazing woman and your family are some of the best people we know.

    ReplyDelete

If you know my children please refrain from using their names.