Sunday, February 2, 2014

It is a common thing within our culture after finding out that you are pregnant to wait until 12-15 weeks before telling anyone other than your spouse. At that point the likelihood of miscarrying lowers significantly. This is to protect oneself from having to go back and let everyone you initially told that you were pregnant know that now you have miscarried. So when I experienced a miscarriage in March of 2011 I was devastated. None of my sisters, nor my mother had ever experienced a miscarriage so this was something completely new for my family. They of course were incredibly supportive. After I had miscarried I wasn't feeling relief because I didn't tell anyone (other than my husband)  that I was pregnant, I was wishing I had because I needed emotional support from friends and family. I remember feeling numb for a few weeks and being depressed. 

So when I became pregnant again two months later my hubby and I were both cautiously ecstatic! Besides in my mind I had already experienced what I believed was the worst thing that could happen during a pregnancy. As time passed by during my pregnancy I continued to feel relief as I heard the heart beat with each appointment. When 15 weeks had come and gone I felt great relief thinking we made it past that milestone and our baby would be fine.  


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your trail and blessing.
    I miscarried at 12 weeks and didn't tell anyone but my husband as well.
    My mom and sisters hadn't experience it either so it was difficult to feel any support.
    You are an amazing person and come from an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete

If you know my children please refrain from using their names.